When to Call the Cardiologist
When you get home, we’ll need you to monitor how you’re doing and tell us how you’re feeling.
First off, it’s normal to feel a little sad or anxious following your procedure, but if these feelings become severe or overwhelming, please tell your doctor.
Some other things that you would call us about are:
- You have a fever
- Your procedure site looks odd or has drainage
- You’re having an unusually fast or strong heart rate, called palpitations, or anything unusual with your heart
- You’re having trouble breathing
- You feel really tired
- Your stool is bloody or very dark
- You’re gaining weight (more than three pounds in a week)
- There is any swelling
If you have any of these symptoms or concerns, please call your doctor. The more we know, the better we can take care of you.