If you’re living with heart failure, making healthy lifestyle choices can have a big impact on how you feel. It’s all about taking as much stress off of your heart as possible. You can reduce the work your heart has to do by:
- Limiting sodium and fluid intake
- Eating a heart-healthy diet
- Finding the right balance of rest and physical activity
- Avoiding alcohol
- Quitting smoking
Some other ways to take stress off your heart are:
- Avoid extreme temperatures since they make your body work harder to maintain its normal temperature.
- Don’t wear tight-fitting clothing since it can cause problems with blood flow.
- Stay healthy by getting a flu shot or a pneumonia shot every year.
- Avoid being around people who are sick.
- Add stress-reduction methods into your life, yoga, or meditation.
By taking care of your heart every day, you can improve your symptoms and make a big difference in how you feel each day.