Your Self Management Plan
If you have CHF, it’s important to always keep a close eye on your symptoms. The chart in this video shows the most common symptoms and will help you decide when you need to contact your care team and when you need to call 911.
Green Section: You have no new or worsening symptoms, you’re doing your regular amount of physical activity, there are no changes in your weight, and you have no chest pain, you can continue on as you have been.
Yellow Section: You need to contact your care team to check in and report any changes you notice, such as:
- Increased weight (2 lbs. overnight or 3-4 lbs. in 1-2 days)
- Increased cough
- Increased swelling
- Increased shortness of breath with activity
- Dizziness or fainting
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Pain in your belly or bloating
- Increased number of pillows needed to sleep or need to sleep in a chair
- Decrease in ability to maintain normal activity
Red Section: Call 911 immediately if you’re experiencing any signs of a heart attack.