MedStar Washington Hospital Center
If you have had a bariatric procedure and are looking for advice, please contact the bariatric program.
We have a comprehensive bariatric surgical program with a multidisciplinary team of professionals:
- Clinical Nurse
- Nurse Practitioner
- Registered Dietitians
- Exercise Physiologists
- Ambulatory Practice Manager
- Behavioral Health
- Other associates available for consult include Pulmonologists, Cardiologists, and Radiologists
What bariatric procedures are offered at MWHC?
- Sleeve gastrectomy (sleeve)
- Gastric bypass
- Adjustable gastric band (lap band)
- Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch (BPD/DS)
Requirements include, but are not limited to, quitting smoking and taking supplements.